Traffic Monitoring with Trisul
Traffic monitoring is the central task of Trisul. Out of the box, Trisul measures over 120 parameters about 16 different “things” such as Applications, Hosts, VLAN, MAC, etc. You can monitor traffic in real time or historical.
Use Real time stabbers to monitor traffic characteristics with a maximum delay of 5 sec.
Use retro analysis tools, long term, monthly usage reports and other tools for historical analysis. Trisul does not summarize or “roll up” any old data.
The default mode. Trisul does all its analytics by directly capturing packets from the network.
Can also accept Netflow v5, v9, SFLOW, and IPFIX instead of packets. Some functionality it lost but scalability is gained.
Jump to common network analysis tasks
- Find out which flows caused a traffic pattern
- View flow activity of a particular host or port in real time
- Jump from alerts to flows that caused them
- Set up flow trackers to analyze specific activity
- Investigate past activity
- Enable metering which depend on flows not packets
- Optimize full content storage (eg, store only first 1M of each flow)
- Real Time stabbers
Chart usage of any item or view toppers in any counter group in real time.
Example : View in real time top Internal Hosts, or view Total Bps for Port 443
- Retro Analysis
Select a time interval and drill down over 100 ways.
- Retro FAQ
Select a time interval and click on pre-defined analysis in Q&A style
- Custom metering
Create your own custom counter policies.