9.4. Flow Tracker Alerts
Trisul provides a powerful way to generate an alert when certain types of flow activity occurs. Also see Flow Trackers for instructions on using Flow Trackers which is a pre-requisite to creating Flow Tracker Alerts (this section).
- show up on the Web Interface alert tracker (top right)
- can be sent in near real time (1-5 sec) via email or Text Message (SMS)
You can use flow tracking alerts to be notified when a number of things happen. Some typical examples are
- when anyone uploads anything over 10MB from your network
- when anyone establishes a long lived session more than 1 hour out of your network
- when anyone downloads anything over 1G into your network
or you can create Flow Tracker Tracker Alerts per probe.
admin user to create Flow Tracker Alerts.
- Click on Create a new Flow Tracker Alert
|Name||A unique name for the alert|
|Flow Tracker||Which tracker, see section on Flow Trackers|
|Threshold Volume||Data or time threshold. Examples as 600KB, 10MB or just 600|
|Alert Message||Message shown as part of the alert|
9.4.3 Viewing generated alerts
There are couple of ways to see flow alerts that fired.
9.4.4 Sending alerts by email
You can set up email alert delivery for flow trackers as described in the section Alerts via Email